At Legler, we work hard to continuously reduce our environmental footprint. We're on the right path - and we're optimising ourselves bit by bit every day towards environmental sustainability! Wood is our chosen material: natural, warm, and durable - because sustainability comes not just from the kind of material, but rather how long it lasts! Wooden toys often outlast a single childhood and can be handed down. For us, that's sustainability in practice!
But we're doing more:
- Our product shipping is climate-neutral thanks to DHL's "GoGreen" campaign.
- Our headquarters are powered by our own company-owned photovoltaic panels that use the sun as an energy source.
- A portion of our product assortment carries the FSC® seal (FSC®C138595). The wood materials used in the production of these toys comes from sustainably managed forests or plantations which are regularly and independently inspected and certified in accordance with the strict international guidelines of the Forest Steward Council (FSC®).
- We are donating a portion of the proceeds of the sales of our ToyAward-nominated Whale Baby Walker to the NABU project "Oceans Without Plastic".
- Our packaging is made of cardboard that's stable enough to be used as a long-term storage solution, but can still be recycled like other paper materials.
- We save energy and shipping space thanks to the smallest amount of outer packaging possible.
- We used recycled paper all across our company. We also regularly inform our employees about trash sorting and avoidance as well as recycling and environmental protection.
is now also climate-neutral
. Websites are considered to be climate-neutral when the CO2
emissions it causes are calculated and compensated for. Surfing the internet causes CO2
emissions, primarily due to the electricity consumption by the server during data transfer and by the user's end devices. By means of the number of monthly visits to our websites, we work with ClimatePartner
to monitor the CO2
emissions caused by our website and compensate for them via a certified climate protection project.
At www.climatepartner.com/ 18617-2202-1001
, you can see the levels of CO2
emissions which come from our websites and which projects we're supporting. It is the exclusive climate protection project from ClimatePartner at Virunga National Park in the Democratic Republic of the Congo: households and businesses are provided electricity via a small run-of-river power station in order to spur economic growth and replace charcoal from the national park as the main energy source. This in turn helps preserve valuable living space for animals, including some of the last wild mountain gorillas (www.climatepartner.com/1072